The college operates two computerized, air conditioned libraries with a collection of nearly twenty thousand books, a video section and publication of different journals of commerce/ Business/ Economics in particular are provided to students and members of the teaching faculty of the college. In addition, leading newspapers and periodicals are subscribed to keep library members abreast of the national and international affairs.
- Only the bonafide students and persons on the staff list of the college can become the members of the library. Membership to outsider is not allowed.
- In the reading room, the students must maintain silence so that fellow readers are not disturbed. Defaulters and violators are liable to punishment.
- Each student member will be entitled to have a borrower’s card once in a year. The card must be kept in safe custody of the member. In case of loss, the matter should immediately be brought to the notice of the librarian. The card is non-transferable.
- Duplicate card will be issued on payment of fine.
- Books will only be issued on college library cards.
- Maximum number of books that may be issued to the students at a time is given below.
I.Com/ICS…………….2 BS………………..3 M.Com…………….3
- Books are normally issued for two weeks only, the library may renew these on request, provided such books are not needed by others.
- A fine of Rs.1 per day will be charged for each book that is kept overtime.
- Reference books such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, gazetteers cannot be issued. Reference books can be used in the reading room with the prior permission of the Librarian.
- The library shall remain opened during the annual stock checking but the borrowing privileges shall remain suspended. Book issued to the borrowers must be returned on the eve of stock checking.
- Claim for the refund of library security must be made within four months of the date of declaration of the Board/ University examination results after which no claim shall be entertained and the security shall automatically lapse in favor of the college.
BOOK BANK FOR DESERVING STUDENTS
Islamabad Model Postgraduate College has a Book Bank Facility for the benefit of the deserving students. The deserving students can borrow all the required books for the entire academic session from the Book-Bank. At the completion of their session they are supposed to return these books to the Book-Bank. Passing out students may also contribute their books for this noble cause.
Islamabad Model Postgraduate College has a Book Bank Facility for the benefit of the deserving students. The deserving students can borrow all the required books for the entire academic session from the Book-Bank. At the completion of their session they are supposed to return these books to the Book-Bank. Passing out students may also contribute their books for this noble cause is a master piece of literary activities of the students and it has been admired among the literary circles of educational institution of ICT.
To provide an opportunity for academic pursuits and healthy activities, subject societies are formed under the supervision of subject teachers. At present, Commerce, Economics, Geographic and Literary Societies are functioning in full swing.
SEMINAR & WORKSHOP/TUTORIALS
In spite of lack of funds and other facilities, seminars, workshops and talks are organized by the College for creating an environment conducive to all round development of the students as well as the teaching faculty. Special attention is paid to the tutorial work in the classes to promote fruitful relationship between teachers and students for confidence building and polishing the potentialities of the students.