ADMISSION POLICY AND PROCEDURE
1. Sons and daughters of the following categories will be eligible for admission against all
seats except seats reserved for FATA/FANA (Domicile):-
i) Federal Government employees residing in Islamabad/ Rawalpindi
ii) Resident of Islamabad Capital Territory
iii) Diplomats stationed at Islamabad
Candidates who have passed annual examination 2019 or Supplementary Examination 2018 with
minimum marks as shown in the following table and subsequent requirements are eligible to
apply for admission.
|CLASS||Minimum Marks Required for Admission|
|I.Com-I ICS-I BS M.Com-I||50% FDE Policy 60% FDE Policy 50% (QAU Criteria) 45% (QAU Criteria)||Note: The bottom line of marks may be revised for admission in class (I.Com-I and ICS-I) if sufficient application have not been received subject to the approval of the Director General (FDE|
2. Maximum age limit for admission to M.COM-I class on the last date of receipt of
application is 26 years.
3. A candidate who has passed his/her previous examination from an institution not located
in Islamabad Federal Area shall produce residence certificate from Estate Office/CDA or
any other valid legal document in support of his or her claim.
4. Admission to class I.COM-I/ICS-I/BS/M.COM-I will be determined on merit as per
following allocation of seats.
|I||Bonafide Students of the institute||NA||NA||Nil||NIL|
|II||Open Merit||92%||92%||92%||Male 60% Female 40%|
|VI||Real sons/daughters of Teachers/employees of the concerned set up * For BS/ADP Real sons/daughters of Teachers/employees of the institution||01% seats in every institution on the basis of separate merit, (over & above the mentioned quota) 01% seats are reserved for real sons/daughters of employees of IMPCC, (over & above the mentioned quota) for M.Com. classes|
|VII||Transfer Cases||02% (over & above the mentioned quota)|
|Note:01 seat is reserved for Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI) and one seat for financial institution (Which would award gold medal and scholarships) over and above the prescribed quota in M.Com-I class.|
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR M.COM-I CLASS
The merit for admission to M.Com class will be determined on the bases of following weightage:
SSC Marks: 25%
(Hafiz-e-Quran shall be given additional 20 marks in determination of merit)
- A candidate domiciled in FATA/ FANA will not contest for a seat reserved against the allocated quota if he/she has qualified S.S.C/H.S.S.C from any institution outside the territorial jurisdiction of FATA/FANA. However after admission process has been completed, in case there are any vacant seats under this category admission may be granted to applicants with FATA/GB Domicile. Such candidates will however not be eligible for hostel accommodation
- Top Three position holders from any Board will be eligible for admission for all levels i.e. I.Com, B.Com and M.Com regardless of the basic eligibility criteria, i.e. Proof of residence. However they will not be eligible for hostel accommodation.
- Students seeking admission against sports quota should have participated in sports activities of the board level. They are supposed to submit along with the application form, an authenticated certificate issued from the relevant board certifying their claim. Merit within sports quota will be determined after the addition of points obtained as per following criteria to the total marks obtained by the applicant in respective examination.
|1||1st prize / Championship in an individual Team event at Board Level||10|
|2||2nd prize / Runner up in an individual / Team event at Board Level||07|
|3||3rd prize / Runner up in an individual / Team event at Board Level||05|
|4||Participation in an individual / Team event at Board Level||03|
|5||Representation at National Level as a Team member or in an individual|
- If any seat (s) against any quota is /are not fully utilized due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the same will stand transferred to the open merit quota. However proper documentation of transfer of each seat shall be made for verification initially by the Director concerned, to be consented finally by the Director General.
- Students qualifying from model institution where there are no college classes at present will be treated as own students in other model colleges where they are desirous to seek admission.
- Students of Higher Secondary Schools will be considered as own students in Islamabad Model Colleges(Former F.G college) (Male & Female) for admission to B.Com Part-1
- No casual admission will be made in the morning as well as in the evening shift.
- Admission shall be offered only once in an academic year on dates fixed by the college/FDE after the declaration of result by the examination boards.
- Students placed in compartment in SCC/HSSC examination would compete for admission after clearing the subject (s) in the same year within the prescribed time limit fixed by the Board / University subject to availability of seats in the institution or next year as a fresh candidate.
- Candidates who seek admission after gap of one or more years may be considered for admission. However they will have to submit an affidavit of good conduct duly verified by head of the institution last attended, reason of the gap should also be clearly stated in the affidavit. Merit of such candidates will be determined after deducting five marks of each year of the gap from the total marks obtained by them.*
- The number of seats will be determined by the institution in each faculty after careful consideration of physical facilities and the number of teachers available. However, the number of seats will be finalized by the Directorate in consultation with the Head of the Institution before the commencement of academic session
- Students who have passed senior Cambridge, GCE /O-Level / A-Level examination / diploma from polytechnic will be eligible for admission along with other candidates. Their merit will be determined on the percentage of marks obtained in their respective examination and equivalence shall be determined by “IBCC” Islamabad, or HEC, which ever is applicable. A certificate to this effect is a prerequisite for admission at the level concerned.
- All foreign students are required to route their application for admission through the Federal Education & Professional Training, Islamabad.
- Migration cases, eligible for admission as per policy, will be entertained by the institution where seats are available provided that the merit in the desired discipline of the institution
- is not compromised. No local migration will be allowed. However, the relaxation in rules may be permitted by the competent authority i.e Director General, Federal Directorate of Education Keeping in view genuine hardship on case to case basis.
- Twenty (20) marks will be added in the merit of a Hafiz-e-Quran for admission at all levels provided that the candidate produces a certificate of successful completion of the course from a registered /recognized institution
- Notice for calling the applications for admission would be advertised by the Federal Directorate of Education Islamabad.
- Every successful applicant must submit on legal stamp paper solemnly assuring the principal that he/she will refrain from participating in politics or in any subversive activity during the time he/she participates in politics or does not abide by the rules of the college.
- In case any person other than father/mother of the candidate is declared guardian, a proper affidavit/guardianship certificate will have to be submitted. Guardianship other than real grandparent, elder brother / sister and maternal / paternal uncles shall not be accepted.
- Students are expected to exercise their choice of subjects carefully with due consideration. Change will not ordinarily be allowed to the choice once exercised. However in cases of extreme hardships change of subjects may be allowed within maximum of two weeks after commencement of classes. The change of course, will be subject to the condition that a candidate admission in group of lower merit does not opt for a group of higher merit.
- The last date for admission fixed by the Federal Directorate of Education shall be strictly adhered to. In case Principals are in need of filling the vacant seats after the expiry of the stipulated admission date they will seek formal permission from the federal Directorate of Education.
- Attendance criteria prescribed by the F.B.I.S.E and QAU will be strictly followed. The Principals will ensure that transparent, regular and unambiguous record of daily attendance is maintained, at all times on accountable roll call registers.